Photo: Cath Muscat
Juicers swear by the powers of produce, and they’re onto something. You can tailor a drink to boost your gut health, show your skin love, or even combat a hangover. And if it’s energy you’re after, beet juice is a gem. In fact, many athletes take beetroot shots to give themselves an edge, and studies suggest that it does in fact boost performance.
Use it for morning energy, a workout boost, or a healthy dessert—either way you’ll get a little superfood-boost in the process.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 large beets (400g), coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Push beets through a juice extractor into a jug. You should have about 1/2 cup of juice.
- Place beetroot juice in a medium bowl with almond milk; whisk to combine.
- Whisk in maple syrup and cinnamon. Serve chilled or warm.